Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello Indie






Come check it out!! Three boxes of new yarn arrived this week from Knitting Fever.

Indie is the cutest chunky monkey I've seen and is machine washable plus what a great name for a yarn, right? It's so much fun when I receive yarn that I ordered months ago, back in the Spring. It's like I recognize a fun new friend that I once met before! Using size 17 needles, this yarn makes for a quick weekend project. And we have cute hat and wrap patterns to boot! I'm taking a couple balls home this w/e to knit one of the hats.

Specs....
51% Wool, 49% Acrylic, US 17, gauge 8-9 sts over 4 inches, 47 yds.


Also in....the most luxurious new yarn from Debbie Bliss called Andes. Combine baby alpaca and mulberry silk and you have sheer beauty. This yarn catches my eye each time I pass by it....the sheen is elegant and the hand is soft and delicate.




Specs.....

65% Baby Alp, 35% Silk, US 6, gauge 22 sts/4 inches, 110 yds.


Other newbies include more of the amazing RUCA (our sugar cane baby) in 4 shades. Baby Cashmerino in the ever popular color Light Pink and a new Periwikle. Kirameiki from NORO....need I say more?


And I can't forget another bulky beauty....Fabula!

















No comments: